3.03.2010

Purim Weekend in Monsey

I went with Atara to Monsey this past weekend to spend Shabbos and Purim with her family and entire neighborhood.  It must have been the most eventful weekend of my life.  Only good things though.  

Atara and I thought it best (Atara's mother thought it best) that we leave Thursday only because the snow storm was so bad.  Getting to the Monsey bus on 42nd and 5th was the most dreadful time, because the ground was covered in an icey wet slush of death, so it made everything 10 times more difficult.  I had to carry Atara on my back all the way to Wesley Hills.

Long story really really short - we got there, everything was super dandy, ate a lot of food, and then went across the street to sleep over at the Benisz's, who are fantastic people.  Then, the power went out early Friday morning! Woo! Everyone in the neighborhood was freaking out, because whatcha gonna do before Shabbos with no power?  I felt so badly for Atara's mother! Everything worked out though and was spectacular.  Though, davening in shul was weird becasue we lit about 50 yartzeit candles, which made my eyes kill.  All in all, food was great, company was great, all was great.  

Until I got sick Motzei Shabbos.  I thought that it was just food poisoning from eating unrefrigerated salad and mayo, but it turned out to be a stomach virus that was going around the neighborhood.  So, my Purim wasn't so festive.  Just a stomach ache and a chaffed bum.  Then, I got Atara sick along with her little brother.  eeek.  sorry.  

I left Monsey a happy camper though.  I had a great time.  Atara's family is wonderful.  And special.  Marc Benisz is a wise man.   


Atara just left to go back to Brooklyn :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment