10.27.2009

Yosef Karduner in the Heights

I just came back from the Yosef Karduner concert that was being held at the Mt. Sinai Jewish Center in Washington Heights on 187th St and Bennett Ave. Normally, I detest Jewish music, mostly the Yeshivish Shwekey type, because it all sounds the same, and everyone wants to sound like Shwekey who sucks to begin with. I'm pretty sure all fans of that genre of Jewish music come from Five Towns. Fair Generalization? Yes? No?



However, Yosef Karduner is a tzaddik and a beautiful musician. His music is so crisp and his voice is so uplifting. Aside from that, he's a Breslover, and I'm huge into that. A lot of his lyrics are from Likutei Moharan or Likutei Halachos.

I recorded about an hour of the concert for everyone's viewing pleasure. I'll probably upload all 18 videos tomorrow. I would have stayed a little longer, but one of my friends who lives on the Upper West Side leaves all of his hockey shit in my apartment for his games in the Muss basement gym.

It sort of seems that he is starting to create a trend. I went to a HIM concert last December at the Nokia Theatre, and I had to leave about 30 minutes before the show was over because he couldn't stand their music. He's cute.

On another note- I feel like I'm slacking off in school. Midterms started this week, and I really don't have so much work. But, just because everyone else is freaking out and I'm not I feel like I'm not doing something right- maybe I'm too relaxed about everything? Maybe I should be freaking out too? I have been skipping class the past few days though. I'm just getting really sick of school. It's definitely time for a break.

Oh, and this morning I went climbing with Yatzi. I don't know HOW I managed to get myself in this position, but it hurt. It's kinda Greek God-ish according to Yatzkov. Eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment