5.13.2009

Beautiful Washington Heights





When I first moved to Washington Heights three years ago I had NO idea how I was going to manage- let alone New York altogether. I was coming straight from the homey, cozy Greensboro, NC, where I was practically living in Gan Eden.

Between the smell of rotting garbage, graffiti, and Hispanic music blasting until 4AM in the streets, I really didn't think I was going to make it. I didn't even know how I was going to survive in YU, because I had never lived in such a dense, frum community. But that's for another time.

Anyway, Washington Heights has become my home, and I have grown to love it. Many would consider it to be the armpit of Manhattan, but I like to think of it as the sweet spot.

If you have ever been to the Heights, you certainly know about Ft. Tryon Park. It stands above the Hudson River nOn 191st and Ft. Washington, and is BEAUTIFUL. The day that I found Ft. Tryon park was the day the Heights became a million times more tolerable.



Just today I went and found a remote spot and did some intense hisbodedus. It was incredible. After which I learned a little from Torah Daled in LM. Good stuff. If you live in the NY area and you HAVEN'T been to Ft. Tryon Park - you gotta go. It blows Central Park out of the water.

We should all be zocheh to see the sechel she'yesh bekol davar....even on St. Nick...

No comments:

Post a Comment